Junior Hardware EngineerFOR SHIPPING AND MANUFACTURING TEAM
At Estimote, we believe in creating an operating system for the physical world. Join our cross functional team of tech enthusiasts today!
Our Shipping and Manufacturing team is self explanatory: they ensure we have product to send out to our customers. They prepare shipments from our factory in Poland that are then spread around all 7 continents of the Earth, from enclosures and raw PCB manufacture to the moment our clients receive a knock on the door from the delivery person!
Shipping and Manufacturing team gives our customers what they need in a timely fashion, and are the medium between the realization of our product to the customer’s hands. They consist of hardware gurus, and supply chain managers.
Bartek is the leader of this team, he has got a strong project management background, he joined Estimote nearly three years ago! Bartek is responsible for managing the group and making sure everyone is on track to succeed.He works with an interdisciplinary team, including:
What will you be doing?
Engineer will assist with all aspects of Beacons electrical design work related to modifications and mission equipment design and integration. This shall include research and reviewing design documentation for electrical boards, troubleshooting systems during integration and interacting with production staff.
Electrical engineering tasks, which includes:
- General electrical engineering design, drafting, and analysis
- Compile technical data
- Architecture development
- Hardware integration
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational requirements
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace malfunctioning equipment
- Support team QA and CM processes
RF certification – FCC/CE
- Prepare samples
- Prepare documents based on certification requirements
- Cooperate with other teams to implement certification needs to production
Prototype laboratory tasks
- Help with setting up SMD line and prepare samples
What skillset do we expect?
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar (can be student of 4-th or 5th year)
Basic knowledge of designing print circuit boards
Basic knowledge in programming (embedded systems, C, Python, etc.)
Strong multitasking and time management skills
Nice to Have Skills:
Understanding of architectures and designing electrical systems with ECAD software (Altium preferable)
Knowledge of open source platforms - Arduino, Raspberry Pi
Ability to use laboratory equipment (spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, multimeter, manual soldering station)
What do we offer?
The best part of working here is interesting projects and an ambitious mission - but we also offer a great package for team members.
A 1500m2 architect-designed office in a historic chocolate factory, in the hippest part of town.
Everyone owns a part of Estimote. This is our company!
Flexible working hours, family picnics - we want your family to love Estimote as much as you do.
Work from a sun bed in our garden, and brainstorm in the open air. There are plenty of alternative spaces to work.
Office located in heart of Old Podgórze
Estimote is located at the heart of one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Our office is a post-industrial wonder, we are housed inside a vintage chocolate factory next to the Vistula river.
In the grounds, Estimote has an outdoor workspace with a WiFi enabled garden. We also have private parking for cars and bikes, all coming together for a world-class workspace.
The stately brick facility contains beautifully laid out open spaces and conference rooms, designed for cross-functional collaboration. Design and R&D teams also have access to state-of-the-art labs to create the next generation of beacons and other contextual technologies.
We have a fully equipped kitchen plus dining area where we serve delicious company lunches. And our fridge is always full of healthy snacks and drinks!
On the grounds, Estimote has an outdoor workspace with a WiFi enabled garden. We also have private parking for car and bikes, all coming together for a world-class workspace.
We have a fully equipped kitchen plus dining area where you can eat your delicious lunches.
What is our application process?
We take hiring very seriously and take great care to make sure there's a good fit for you and for us.
- 1. Try out some tasks in our application form. This helps give you a flavor of what working with us is like
- 2. We will call you and have a chat, and give you feedback on your tasks (we're massive believers in feedback)
- 3. Come and meet some more of the team for a couple of hours for an interview in our office.
- 4. We will give you some real tasks to accomplish at home. This part will give you and us a sign if we can get along.
- 5. A "test drive" is a day spent working with your potential team - it helps to work out if there is a fit.
- 6. You'll need one final chat with our founders to sort out all the details... Don't worry it won't take too long!
- 7. If all goes well, we will send you a job offer and contract, right now the ball is in your court. We're nearly there...
- 8. Welcome onboard! You've signed the contract and are now a member of the Estimote team!